The Complete Credits:
The Mortals Behind the Magic
When Santa Claus: The Movie™ premiered on November 27th, 1985,
many Salkind fans were extremely surprised not to see an incredibly impressive
main title sequence, as had been the case with Superman®, Superman® II,
Superman® III and Supergirl®. For probably the only time in the Salkind
filmography, all the production credits were withheld until the end of the film,
mostly to accommodate the presentation of Sheena Easton's delightful ballad,
Christmas All Over the World.
Even so, those who stayed with the film were rewarded properly with the full
credit list; and these are the names of the Mortals whose combined talents were
acknowledged before the whole world:
Directed by JEANNOT SZWARC
An ALEXANDER & ILYA SALKIND Production
Produced by ILYA SALKIND and PIERRE SPENGLER
Story by DAVID & LESLIE NEWMAN
Screenplay by DAVID NEWMAN
DAVID HUDDLESTON as Claus
JOHN LITHGOW as B.Z.
BURGESS MEREDITH as the Ancient One
JUDY CORNWELL as Anya
JEFFREY KRAMER as Dr. Eric Towzer
Introducing CHRISTIAN FITZPATRICK as Joe
and CARRIE KEI HEIM as Cornelia
and Starring DUDLEY MOORE as Patch
Associate Producer ROBERT SIMMONDS
Music by HENRY MANCINI
Performed by the National Philharmonic Orchestra, London
Song Lyrics by LESLIE BRICUSSE:
Every Christmas Eve/Santa's Theme (Giving)
Making Toys (March and Dance)
It's Christmas Again (Love Theme)
Thank You, Santa!
Production Designer ANTHONY PRATT
Photographed by ARTHUR IBBETSON, B.S.C.
Flying & 2nd Unit Director DAVID LANE
Director of Visual & Miniature Effects DEREK MEDDINGS, B.S.C.
Edited by PETER HOLLYWOOD
Production Executive PAULINE COUTELENQ
Costume Designer BOB RINGWOOD
Casting by LYNN STALMASTER & ASSOCIATES
Optical Visual Effects Supervisor ROY FIELD, B.S.C.
Supervising Production Accountant JOHN TREHY
1st Assistant Director DEREK CRACKNELL
SHEENA EASTON Sings Christmas All Over the World
Produced by KEITH OLSEN for the Pogologo Corporation
Words & Music by BILL HOUSE and JOHN HOBBS
KAJA Performs Shouldn't Do That
Produced by KEN SCOTT
Lyrics by NICK BEGGS
Music by NICK BEGGS, STUART CROXFORD, NEAL ASKEW and STEVE ASKEW
Published by Infinite Music and Intersong Communications USA
Sheena Easton and Kaja appear courtesy EMI Records Limited
- Production Supervisor VINCENT WINTER
- Executive Assistant to the Salkinds MARIA GATTI de MONREAL
- Additional Photography PAUL BEESON, B.S.C.
- Director of Visual Effects Photography PAUL WILSON, B.S.C.
- Coordinator of Choreography and Movement PAT GARRETT
- Supervising Sound Editor DON SHARPE
- Supervising Music Editor BOB HATHAWAY
- Production Sound Mixer DAVID CROZIER
- Supervising Art Director TIM HUTCHINSON
- Art Directors
DON DOSSETT, JOHN HOESLI, MALCOLM STONE
- Supervising Animatronic Designer JOHN COPPINGER
- Animatronic Designers
RICHARD PADBURY, GUS RAMSDEN,
GRAHAM HIGH, DAVID HAYES
- U.K. Casting by ANNE HENDERSON
- Camera Operators
WALLY BYATT, S.O.C.; DAVID WORLEY;
TREVOR COOP; JEFF PAYNTER; JOHN MORGAN
- Production Manager/North America and the Arctic CHRIS COLES
- Models Photographed by MARK GARDINER
- Script Supervisor PAMELA CARLTON
- Makeup STUART FREEBORN, PAUL ENGELEN
- Dudley Moore's Makeup PENNY SHAWYER
COLIN JAMISON, JANET JAMISON, ELAINE BOWERBANK
- Set Decorator STEPHANIE MacMILLAN
- Illustrators JOHN ROSE, LUCY RICHARDSON
- Construction Manager JOHN PATTERSON
- Property Master EDDIE FOWLIE
- Wardrobe Supervisor PATRICK WHEATLEY
- Sound Editors ARCHIE LUDSKI, ROCKY PHELAN
- Optical Effects Editor BRIAN MANN
- 1st Assistant Editors
MARGARET THOMPSON, BEVERLEY LAMB
- Production Assistants ELAINE BURT, SUSAN FORD
- Personal Assistant to Alexander Salkind EYAL RIMMON
- Personal Assistant to Ilya Salkind BARRY ISAACSON
- Personal Assistant to Pierre Spengler TRUDY BALEN
- Secretary to Jeannot Szwarc JANE DIXIE
- Assistant Accountants CHRISTINE SAMWAYS, BOBBY JOHNSON
- Accounting Secretary BETTY WILLIAMS
- Supervisor, Publicity Operations GORDON ARNELL
- Supervisor, Still Photography BOB PENN
- Still Photographers DAVID STEEN, DOUGLAS LUKE
- Aerial & Background Still Photography CERVIN ROBINSON
- Front Projection Consultant ROY MOORES, B.S.C.
- Music Recorded & Mixed at
CTS STUDIOS/THE MUSIC CENTRE,
- Music Recorded & Mixed by DICK LEWZEY,
Assisted by TIM PENNINGTON
- Sound Re-recorded at Pinewood by GRAHAM V. HARTSTONE
- End Title Design by SHELDON ELBOURNE for Camera Effects Ltd.
- Cast of Characters:
- DUDLEY MOORE.....Patch
- JOHN LITHGOW.....B.Z.
- DAVID HUDDLESTON.....Claus
- JUDY CORNWELL.....Anya
- BURGESS MEREDITH.....The Ancient One
- JEFFREY KRAMER.....Dr. Eric Towzer
- CHRISTIAN FITZPATRICK.....Joe
- CARRIE KEI HEIM.....Cornelia
- and as Santa's Elves:
- JOHN BARRARD.....Dooley
- ANTHONY O'DONNELL.....Puffy
- MELVYN HAYES.....Goober
- DON ESTELLE.....Groot
- TIM STERN.....Boog
- PETER O'FARRELL.....Honka
- CHRISTOPHER RYAN.....Vout
- DICKIE ARNOLD.....Goobler
- Other Additional Players:
- AIMEE DELAMAIN.....Granny (The Storyteller)
- DOROTHEA PHILLIPS.....Miss Tucker
- JOHN HALLAM.....Grizzard
- JUDITH MORSE.....Ms. Abruzzi
- JERRY HARTE.....Senate Subcommittee Chairman
- PAUL ASPLAND.....1st Reporter
- SALLY CRANFIELD.....2nd Reporter
- MICHAEL DREW.....3rd Reporter
- WALTER GOODMAN.....Street Corner Santa
- JOHN CASSADY.....Wino
- RONALD FERNEE.....1st Policeman
- MICHAEL ROSS.....2nd Policeman
Optical Effects by OPTICAL FILM EFFECTS LTD.
Martin Body, Peter Chiang, Dick Dimbleby,
Doug Ferris, Peter Harman, Denis Bartlett
Special Effects by THE EFFECTS ASSOCIATES LIMITED
Martin Gutteridge, Graham Longhurst, Ted Grumbt, Bill Stoyle, Bob Harman
Animal Services Provided by ANIMAL ACTORS OF HOLLYWOOD
David MacMillan, Supervisor
Gary Brewer, Christy Miele, Don Reynolds,
Fess Reynolds, Helena Walsh, Maria Carter
Every Christmas Eve Sung by ALED JONES
Patch, Natch! Performed by THE AMBROSIAN SINGERS
Making Toys (March and Dance),
It's Christmas Again (Love Theme) and Thank You, Santa!
Performed by THE AMBROSIAN CHILDREN'S CHOIR
Lyrics by LESLIE BRICUSSE, Music by HENRY MANCINI
Choirs Arranged & Conducted by JOHN McCARTHY
Electrical Supervisors JOHN MAY, JACK THETFORD,
Construction Supervisor DAVID EDWARDS
Dennis Pack, Jack Wild, John Kilpatrick,
Barry Saunders, Don Taylor, Paul Clogg,
Graham Pearce, Ron Fallon, Les Silk,
Paul Mills, Fred Newbery, Peter Beard
Dressing Supervisor WALLY HILL
Original Soundtrack Album Available on EMI
America Records and XDR® Audiocassettes,Manufactured & Marketed by Capitol Records, Division of Capitol Industries/Thorn EMI USA, Inc.
Soundtrack Album Consultants BURT BERMAN and BOB BUZIAK
Comic Book Adaptation Published by MARVEL® COMICS
This story, all names, characters and
incidents portrayed in this
production are fictitious.
No identification with actual
persons, places, buildings or products is intended
or should be inferred.
This Motion Picture photoplay is protected
pursuant to the provisions
of the copyright and other laws
of the United States of America and all other countries
throughout the world.
Any unauthorized exhibition, distribution or reproduction of this film
or videotape or any part thereof (including soundtrack)
is an infringement of the relevant copyright and will subject the infringer
to severe civil and criminal penalties.
The animals used in this film were in no way mistreated,
and all sequences in which they appeared were filmed under strict supervision
with the utmost concern for their handling.
This Motion Picture, Story and Screenplay:
©Copyright 1985 by St. Michael Finance Leasing Limited, Robert Fleming Leasing Limited,
GGC Leasing Limited, Lunar Finance Limited and Snowglen Securities Limited ---
Members of the Trustee Savings Bank Group, PLC.
SANTA CLAUS: THE MOVIE™ and ELFMADE™
and Title, Logos, Property, Characters,
Likenesses, Original Music Compositions
and Other Related Elements Owned by
and ™s and © Copyright 1985 by Calash Corporation, N.V.
All rights reserved.
Special thanks toFRANS J. AFMAN,
Senior Vice President/Entertainment
and our friends at CREDIT LYONNAIS BANK NEDERLAND N.V.
Financial Advisors STATEN BANK, N.V.
International Distribution Consultant OMAR KACZMARCZYK
PROCESSED BY RANK FILM LABORATORIES®
Promotional Consultants SPRINGGREENE MARKETING ASSOCIATES, INC., New York City
Cameras & Anamorphic Lenses by JOE DUNTON CAMERAS LTD.
Costumes made by BERMANS & NATHANS LTD.
Aerial Sequences Photographed Using the GYROSPHERE® Camera System ---
RON GOODMAN, Camera Operator; MARC WOLFF, Helicopter Pilot
Auditing by NYMAN LIBSON PAUL & CO.
The Producers also wish to thank:
SYLVANIA DIVISION, NORTH AMERICAN PHILIPS CONSUMER ELECTRONICS GROUP
for supplying the video equipment
PUMA® USA, INC.
for assisting with the Basketball Sequence
and designing Joe's sneakers
CONSOLIDATED BRANDS, INC.
for developing the Puce Pop
THE TIME INC. MAGAZINE COMPANY
for permission to use the Time Magazine®
title, property, logos & format
THE PEOPLE AND OFFICIALS OF GREENLAND
and THE STAFF OF GREENLANDAIR
for their goodwill and assistance
during the filming of the Arctic Sequences
THE REINDEER COMPANY LIMITED, AVIEMORE (SCOTLAND)
for their cooperation.
An ALEXANDER SALKIND Presentation
Made by SANTA CLAUS PRODUCTIONS LIMITED
in Association with CANTHARUS PRODUCTIONS, N.V.
at THE RANK ORGANISATION'S PINEWOOD STUDIOS®,
Iver Heath, Buckinghamshire, England
DISTRIBUTED BY TRISTAR® PICTURES
A Sony Company
Return to Dooley's Office